Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 15, 2008

Busy, Busy Mommy


Time flies by so quickly - I can't believe that it's already been over a month since I last posted. It's become more difficult for me to have any chunk of time to sit at the computer - Ben is so interested in EVERYTHING I do (he loves to "type" on the keyboard) and then when he is finally down for a nap, I need to do everything else that I can't do while he's awake (like housework).

This blog is a work-in-progress; I want it to be more than it is but don't have a lot of time to ponder it and work on it! I have so many things on my plate these days, besides being a wife and mommy. I recently became a discussion leader for Bible Study Fellowship - I am loving it. I love BSF - it is by far the BEST Bible Study I have ever been involved in. And I was thrilled to be asked about leadership. I know this is where God wants me to be, for many reasons. For one, I am being forced to organize my time, which is something I have needed to do for a LONG time. There are several things I need to do each week as a discussion leader for BSF, and if I am to accomplish those, along with everything else on my mommy-wife-friend-etc plate, I HAVE to be disciplined and organized.

Believe it or not, this excites me!! I have many good intentions but...the actions don't always follow. (plus I get tired...being a mommy is more exhausting than I thought it would be! and I have friends with 3 or more kids...THEY are the SUPER-moms!!) Anyway, I am learning how to make it all happen...though I know that it is the Lord's doing. I asked Him to multiply my time, to help me to accomplish WELL all that He's entrusted to me. And He has been so faithful. Well, BSF has only been going on for a few weeks, but God has ALWAYS been faithful to me, so I know He'll keep multiplying my time as I remain faithful to my commitments.


I had what I am now calling an "Airhead Mommy" moment a few weeks ago that I have to share. This is for those of you who do really stupid stuff and sometimes don't tell anyone because - well, it's really stupid. I think this might be near the top of my list.

One afternoon I was very hungry for my lunch, and had been chasing little Ben around, trying to keep him from eating cat food (which he enjoys immensely) and chewing on DVD cases (which we have now actually thrown out, storing all our DVDs in a big CD folder) -- and I wanted to have a PBJ sandwich very badly. I love PBJ's -- chunky peanut butter with strawberry jelly on WHITE bread. Yes I am a rebel on the health-food front. (Bryan eats oatmeal for breakfast every morning and has made the switch to 100% whole grain wheat...good man...I love my Lucky Charms and coffee with lots of creamer and sugar.)

So I'm thinking of my sandwich, having put Ben down for a nap, and as I'm thinking of it, I grab TWO plates out of the cupboard and take ONE piece of bread...thinking of how I was going to put the piece of bread between the two plates. Then it occurred to me...I could not EAT the plates. Ah well. So I put one of the plates back in the cupboard, got another piece of bread and finally figured out how to make my PBJ.

Sometimes I think I'm a little TOO busy!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

ok, i don't think i have ever tried to eat plates, but, i HAD to share my LATEST (there are many) airhead mommy moment with you since you were brave and shared yours! this was just last night. it was late and i was checking on the kids before i went to bed and i noticed how dark their rooms were and i remembered that i had bought two nightlights for them. you know, the kind that has a sensor so they only come on when it's dark. well, i went downstairs, flipped on the kitchen light and got out the nightlight package, and opened it. i flipped them into my hand and flicked off the light switch to go back upstairs. then i looked expectantly down at my hand, wondering why in the world the nightlights didn't come on when i turned off the light. in my defense, it was a split second, fleeting thought that was quickly replaced with, "duh! they're not plugged in!" guess i am now expecting electricity to leap from the sockets! ha, ha. love ya!