| No "day of rest" for us on Sunday afternoon! |
Don't judge us for our style - Ben went to town decorating the tree himself:
He was quite meticulous about how he added each one to the tree, and explained in detail to his dad why he'd arranged them in this way:
But Bryan can't really remember what Ben said about it, because it kind of didn't make sense. Apparently it made perfect sense to Ben - which is really the important thing here, isn't it?
These are shatter-proof ornaments, by the way. They are taking the place of my lovely lavender and silver glass ornaments, which will not reappear until the boys are past the taking-the-ornaments-off-the-tree-and-throwing-them-inside-the-tree phase.
Oh, someday I'll get my beautiful purple and silver tree back. But I'm quite happy with our brightly-colored hodge-podge tree for now.
I did add some of my own ornaments, up high and (hopefully) out of reach. I finished up a Hallmark series this year. I am actually not "into" angels - but these were so pretty, I went for it.
| the last holiday angel in the Hallmark series |
Also, I've been working diligently in the evenings to finish this sweet piece:
| excuse the hoop-marks |
As soon as I finish my angel piece, I'm starting another design by LHN - a brand-new one called "This is My Joy" -- just picked it up today at the needlework store. Can't wait to begin it! I've never stitched with silk threads before (I chose the Collard Green and am going to stitch it on 30-count Cocoa linen by Weeks Dye Works) and I've heard silk is amazing.
| excuse my very bad with-flash photo |
Okay now you're updated!!
And just "who" are "you"??
;)
No comments:
Post a Comment