A boring post for those who are not stitchers...but an update is in order for my "stitchy" friends.
I finished a Thanksgiving piece about three days after Thanksgiving Day. Go figure!
I am kind of proud of myself for this one...I've never made an ornament or hanging-thing before. Many thanks to my mother, who was here while I finished it. She sat reading her Nook while I struggled along with fabric, glue, batting, threads... occasionally looking up to see how I was progressing and giving helpful comments. It was fun to have her here while I did this.
This design is a freebie from Plum Street Samplers. I found it here. I changed up the colors (to accommodate my need for more purple in my life) and found pretty fabric at Jo-Ann's. Then I used this tutorial to help me along with the finishing.
Here is the back (try to ignore my messy scrapbook/stamping corner in the background):
You can kind of see the lavender satin cording I glued along the edges...I discovered that along with love, cording covers a multitude of sins...or ugly spots, anyway.
Is anyone else so thankful for the internet? And blogs in particular? Where would I be without these talented women (Paulette and Vonna) who are willing to share the wealth?
Crazy thing is, they don't even know me. Well they've each heard from me, briefly. But for all they know, I am just a crazy lady out here in blog-land. Which is true. But I'm a thankful crazy lady who gives thanks in (most) all things.
;)
No comments:
Post a Comment