Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Random things I've learned since I've been sick...

...in no particular order:

  1. People in the medical profession are absolutely amazing.  I could never do what they do.  And I'm so thankful that they know how to do what they do.
  2. Kidney failure really messes up your taste buds.  So does chemotherapy. Or maybe it's the steroids.
  3. When on a low-sodium diet, one realizes everything contains sodium.  (Also, sodium is what makes everything yummy.)
  4. Hot chocolate makes the yuckiest, chalkiest pills go down easily.
  5. Steroids make my face very puffy and round.
  6. Help from family and friends is like a hug from God.  (Sounds cheesy, but really...it's true.)
  7. Naps really do make everything better.
  8. No matter how sick I am, ice cream always makes life seem more bearable.
  9. I do not look good with a round, puffy face.
  10. Coffee really is my favorite.  Even when it didn't taste good to me.  (see #1)  (I just "made do" with hot chocolate until coffee tasted good again.)
There are more...I'll share as they come to me.  Oh yes, people, I am a fount of wisdom these days.  

(If you are confused, see my last post about how my kidney beans failed me.)

No comments: